Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Goota keep it going?



Recently I was ask if I still get “that feeling” when I finish a beat or working on a project….Yes I do. The question that followed was how I keep the passion alive. My feeling is this…just like anything else, whether it’s a relationship, a skill or a hobby (for example you are a good soccer player, seeing as it is the soccer season) you need to focus some of your efforts on nurturing and developing this relationship, skill or hobby. Keep yourself interested, practise, share your love/interest with someone (although I don’t recommend this where the relationship is concerned). What I find works for me is listening to other peoples work and comparing it to mine, applying techniques that work to my future pieces. Checking out composing styles on videos on Youtube. Buying new equipment, new refills, new sounds and collaborations!! I honestly feel that if you truly enjoy what ever it is you are doing though these things should come naturally but seeing as people aren’t the same try these things if you struggle to keep the feeling going.
“that~boy”

No comments:

Post a Comment